Wavlink AP Setup
Live Chat With Experts and Get Real-Time Responses.
Don’t Wait, Then You Can Call Us Right Away.
Got stuck while trying to perform Wavlink AP setup? This is common and you are not alone. Several users usually get stuck while trying to execute AP setup for their high-performance Wavlink routers, repeaters, or access points. This mainly happens due to the lack of knowledge of the Wavlink AP setup process or because of certain technical errors. If you find yourself halfway through the Wavlink Access Point setup process and you don’t know what to do next, we can help.
We specialize in delivering top-notch technical support services for Wavlink devices, be they routers, repeaters, or access points. You can seek our technical support services anytime and reach out to us by clicking at the top left corner of this page.
Prerequisites For Wavlink Access Point Setup
The specific prerequisites for setting up a Wavlink Access Point may vary depending on the specific model and configuration. But generally, you will need:
- A Wavlink Access Point: First and foremost, you will need a Wavlink Access Point device or a router or repeater that can be set up into Access Point mode. Make sure you have the correct Wavlink Access Point model for your needs.
- Ethernet Cables: You will need at least one Ethernet cable to connect your Wavlink Access Point to your router or modem. If you have more than one piece of Ethernet cable, it will be handy for you only. It is important to ensure that the cable is long enough to reach both devices. And there are no cuts and bruises on it.
- A Computer or Mobile Device: Without a WiFi device, like a computer, laptop, or mobile phone, you cannot complete the Wavlink AP setup. You will need it. One thing that you require to ensure is that your WiFi device has an updated browser. And it should also be functioning at its best.
- A High-Speed Internet Connection: Your router or modem must be connected to the internet for your Wavlink Access Point to function properly. Poor internet connection may lead to buffering and delays.
- Network Information: You must have your Wavlink network information like SSID and security key to complete your Wavlink AP setup. This information is usually printed on a label on your router or modem.
Steps to Perform Wavlink AP Setup
Configuring your Wavlink device into AP setup mode could be a bit tough since there are multiple complex steps involved. If you are worried about how to perform the setup, relax! Here are the general steps you can consider to perform a Wavlink AP setup:
- Before you begin, connect your Wavlink device that you want to install as an access point to your computer or laptop. You can consider a wired or wireless connection as per your choice.
- Head to a web browser that you often use and visit the Wavlink AP login page. Use the default IP address or the Wavlink login web link for that.
- In the next step, you will need to complete the Wavlink AP login. Use the default user ID which is “admin” and the password that you created. If you never created a Wavlink password, you can write “admin’’ down in the password blank.
- Once you complete the Wavlink AP login, a Wavlink AP dashboard will appear. Here, you can perform a number of actions like customizing your access Point’s settings, etc.
- Locate the “Wireless Settings” tab, and then click on “Basic Settings” to move on step ahead in the Wavlink AP setup.
- Select the “Wireless AP Setup” mode and enter the SSID and password of your existing wireless network.
- Once done, simply click “Apply” to save your settings. Then follow the setup instructions that you will receive on your device’s screen to complete the configuration.
- Your Wavlink AP device will connect to your router and create an expanded network once the setup is done. Simply power cycle your Wavlink AP device for optimal performance.
Fixing Wavlink Access Point Setup Errors
You may come across a few known or unknown errors while attempting a Wavlink AP setup. These errors may delay the configuration process. Use the following general tips to fix the Wavlink Access Point setup issues:
- Reset the Wavlink Access Point: Press and hold the reset button that you can find either on the bottom of the rear panel of the device. Hold the button for up to 10 seconds until the LED light flashes.
- Check the Network Cable: Ensure that the network cable is properly connected to the access point and your network router or switch.
- Check the Power Supply: Ensure that the access point is receiving power by checking the power supply. If the power supply is not working, try using a different power source or adapter.
- Check the Firmware Version: Ensure that the access point is running the latest firmware version by checking the manufacturer’s website for updates.
- Check for Interference: Ensure that the access point is not being affected by interference from other devices or wireless networks. You can change the channel or frequency settings to reduce interference.
- Try a Different Wavlink AP Setup Method: If you are still having issues, try using a different setup method, such as using the mobile app or web-based interface.
Contact Our Wavlink Support Services
If none of the above troubleshooting steps work and you are still stuck halfway through the Wavlink AP setup process, contact our Wavlink customer support services for technical assistance. They will be able to provide more specific guidance to fix the error. Find our contact information at the top of this web interface. You can reach out to us using those details. without giving it a second thought.
Common Wavlink Extender Setups
Some Issues You Might Face
If you are facing any issues then please contact us, and we will be happy to help you.
Wavlink Customer Service