To connect a Wavlink device to a router, such as a Wavlink extender, follow these steps:
1. Prepare the Wavlink Device:
- If you have a Wavlink extender, plug it into a power outlet in the area where you want to extend your Wi-Fi network coverage.
- If you have a Wavlink wireless adapter or other Wavlink device, make sure it is working properly or is powered on and ready to be configured.
2. Locate the Default Wi-Fi Network (Extenders Only):
- For Wavlink WIFI extenders, wait for the device to power up, and then locate the default Wi-Fi network named “Wavlink” or similar. This network is used for the initial setup.
3. Connect to the Wavlink Wi-Fi Network (Extenders Only):
- On your computer or mobile device, go to the list of available Wi-Fi networks and select the “Wavlink” network.
- If prompted, enter the default Wi-Fi password (usually printed on the device or in the user manual).
4. Access the Web Configuration Interface:
- Open a web browser on your connected device and type “http://192.168.10.1” (or the specific IP address for your Wavlink device) into the address bar. Press Enter to access the configuration page.
5. Log in to the Wavlink Interface:
- You will be prompted to log in. Use the default username and password (usually “admin” for both) or refer to the user manual for the correct login credentials.
6. Follow the Setup Wizard:
- Wavlink devices often have a setup wizard that guides you through the configuration process. Follow the on-screen instructions to begin the setup.
7. Select Your Existing Wi-Fi Network (Extenders Only):
- During the setup process, the Wavlink extender will search for available Wi-Fi networks. Choose your existing router’s Wi-Fi network from the list.
8. Enter Your Wi-Fi Password (Extenders Only):
- When prompted, enter the password for your existing Wi-Fi network. This allows the extender to connect to your router and extend its signal.
9. Configure Advanced Settings (Optional):
- Depending on the Wavlink device, you may have the option to configure advanced settings, such as network names (SSIDs), passwords, security settings, etc. Adjust these settings as needed.
10. Complete the Setup:
Once you have finished configuring the Wavlink device, review your settings and confirm the changes. The device will save the settings and reboot.
- Connect Devices to the Extended Network (Extenders Only): After the Wavlink extender has restarted, go to the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your devices and connect to the newly extended Wi-Fi network. Use the new SSID and password you configured during setup.
That’s it! Your Wavlink device should now be connected to your router, either extending your Wi-Fi coverage (in the case of an extender) or providing wireless connectivity (in the case of a wireless adapter or similar device). Make sure to keep your Wavlink device’s firmware updated and refer to the user manual for additional configuration options and troubleshooting tips.